cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Your voice mailbox has exceeded the quota warning threshold specified by your administrator.

Philip Denton
Level 1
Level 1

I've got a customer running Unity Connection 11.5 and some users are getting quota errors despite having empty mailboxes.  For example, my client forwarded me the below email notification but when I look in UConn their message count is 0.  Has anyone else seen this before?

From: "Cisco Unity Connection Messaging System" <unityconnection>
Date: November 29, 2017 at 11:00:38 PM EST
To: "Mister Customer"
Subject: Voicemail Mailbox Quota Warning

Your voice mailbox has exceeded the quota warning threshold specified by your administrator.

Current Usage: 14.20 MB
Quota Warning Threshold: 12.00 MB
Quota Size Limit: 14.00 MB

Please reduce your voice mailbox size by deleting few items from your mailbox.
9 Replies 9

Andrew West
Level 4
Level 4

Are these people authorized users on any other mailboxes? 

Have you done an export then looked at the largest sized mailboxes to see if you can match users getting these messages to that? 

I don't think the user in question is an authorized user on any other mailboxes.  I haven't checked the largest mailbox table for anyone other than the user who reported the issue.

It turns out this user MAY have been an authorized user on another mailbox after all.  He's only been here for about 6 months and we eventually figured out that he was getting notifications about the mailbox of the person who held the position before him.  I'm not sure how the mailboxes were tied together but once the former user's mailbox was deleted the notifications stopped.

Thank you everyone for chiming in.  Merry Christmas!

boscom1
Level 1
Level 1

In version 10.5, the deleted messages seem to go into another folder called Deleted and need to be permanently deleted from this folder. We use Jabber to go to this folder and delete the messages from this box which deletes them permanently and restores the quote.

See attached image.

Do deleted messages show up in a user's total mailbox count?

Indeed, by default, messages are not permanently deleted. There are two ways to resolve this:

1. Message Storage -> Message Aging -> Aging Policies -> Default System Policy -> Permanently Delete Messages in the Deleted Items Folder in xxx Days
  2. Class of Service -> Class of Service -> Voice Mail User COS -> Check:  Delete Messages without Saving to Deleted Items Folder
Georgios
Please rate if you find this helpful.

That makes sense but how do deleted messages show up in the mailbox counts?  Are they included in the message count/storage?  Because I'm pretty sure I've checked this user's mailbox before (shortly after his receiving that notification) and he was at 0/0.

Screenshot 2017-12-12 09.15.30.png

Not sure how you retrieved this info. Did you use CUDD ? They do occupy storage if not permanently deleted. Follow the guidelines in the previous messages and you will be good.

Georgios
Please rate if you find this helpful.

I too have come across this scenario where the customer has reported that they are getting a notification mail "your voicemail box has exceeded the quota warning threshold specified by your administrator." for a particular extension When the customer has checked the web mail inbox,sent and deleted folder there is not a single voicemail and when I checked the mail box through unity connection administration it shows one message.Kindly advise on how to fix this.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: