Views
Helpful
Replies

bad MAC pool

jshachar1
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Guys,

for some reason UCS refuses to use my MAC pool. Can you please have a look and let me know what I'm doing wrong?

see attached screen-shots

Cheers

Joel

11 Replies 11

Walter Dey
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi Joel

I cannot see the MAC values of the MACB.... Pool

When did this error message appear ? the windows says "change MAC address....."

Hi

- the message comes up when I try to assign the policy to a server or modify the pool

- I've tried to change the MAC addresses a few times

- I attached a screen-shot that include MACB

thank you

Just to clarify !

You created a template; and from this template you created Service Profiles; and during the association of this Service Profile to a physical blade, the error message happens ?

Can you please show us the screenshot of the service profiles, with the error message ?

"You created a template; and from this template you created Service Profiles; and during the association of this Service Profile to a physical blade, the error message happens ?"

Yes

so I created a template called "VMwareSPTempTest1", which includes the MAC addresses you saw before and I attached that Template to a Service Profile called "Test21" and I tried to associate that SP to a server and then I received the error you see in the attached screen-shots

cheers

It's a little difficult to guess, we need more information

- which UCS version ?

- I see that you have in some SP dynamic vnics ? why and how many ? I don't think you want to do VM-FEX ? your pools are limited to 16 entries ! try to create a bigger pool,e.g. 512

- I would also only create one MAC Pool, and not a separate one for fabric A and B.

- which UCS version ? 2.2

- I see that you have in some SP dynamic vnics ? why and how many ? not in use

- I don't think you want to do VM-FEX ? no

-your pools are limited to 16 entries ! try to create a bigger pool,e.g. 512 - I created a new pool with 64 (see attached)

- I would also only create one MAC Pool, and not a separate one for fabric A and B.- as soon as I assigned the new pool to the first vNIC it gave me the error (see attached)

cheers

- The MAC pools are under the org Holland ? do you have any MAC pools under root ?

- I would always recommend to create all the pools (UUID, MAC, pwwn, nwwn) under the root (otherwise you might have the risk of overlapping pools)

- do you do this with admin rights ? or a account having access only to org Holland

- I cannot reproduce your problem in my lab

thanks for trying

Is your problem solved ?

No.

It is a Lab environment in the Emulator. I will remove everything and start the Profile Template from scratch

I also used the newest version of the emulator; however, I created a SP directly, without a template; I also did everything under root/admin. Please keep us updated !

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card