Helpful
Replies

Cimc error

opnineopnine
Level 1
Level 1

HI all,

I have the following error 

Error: The current operation failed. CIMC may be running any critical operation or in an error state. Retry after sometime or reboot CIMC if necessary

I would like to know if I can restart and how, the CIMC only with out affecting the rest of the ucs box.

Thanks.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Keny Perez
Level 8
Level 8

We might need more information to give you more details but in the meantime:

1-You can restart CIMC

2-If standalone rack server, you should go to Admin tab> Utilities> you should see a reboot CIMC option.  If this is a blade server or a rack mount server integrated in UCSM, you should be able to see an option within "recover server" or "Server Maintenance"

3-Rebooting CIMC should not affect your data traffic as all you're doing is resetting the management interface integrated in the blade/rack server.

HTH,

-Kenny

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Keny Perez
Level 8
Level 8

We might need more information to give you more details but in the meantime:

1-You can restart CIMC

2-If standalone rack server, you should go to Admin tab> Utilities> you should see a reboot CIMC option.  If this is a blade server or a rack mount server integrated in UCSM, you should be able to see an option within "recover server" or "Server Maintenance"

3-Rebooting CIMC should not affect your data traffic as all you're doing is resetting the management interface integrated in the blade/rack server.

HTH,

-Kenny

anytime!

-Kenny

I have the same problem on UCS-E160D-M2/K9 getting the same error while updating the SNMP community

it is  installed on Cisco  router 2921.

i have performed the CIMC Reboot, but there is no improvement

CIMC firmware version is 3.0

Thanks to advice if anyone can help here?

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card