Views
Helpful
Replies

CIMC Password doesn't match

abeebvm
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have a new BE6H-M4-K9 and started to booting. When I hit F8 to do the ip address for cimc I am getting a blue screen which is asking for

enter current cimc password, enter new cimc password , re-enter new cimc password. When I entered current cimc password as ''password''

and entered new password as well. But i am getting a message "current cimc password does not match". Please find the attached screenshots.

Usually for cimc default password is password. When we hit F8, then normally it goes to cimc configuration utility. Here it is going to a blue screen which is attached instead of configuration utility. Ip address for cimc is showing as 0.0.0.0

Once server is booted, we can see that Esxi is loaded and applications are installed such as CUCM,CUXN etc. We can see a default ip for Esxi as well.

Please help me to solving this password problem.

Regards

Aby

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

compterds
Level 1
Level 1

Have you figured out what happened on cimc utility ? 

Because I'm encoutering exactly the same issue...

Yoann

View solution in original post

22 Replies 22

Wes Austin
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello,

Please try the following passwords:

"Cisco12345"

"Cisco"

"Password"

Please update with the results.

HTH,

Wes

Hi,

I just left the site. I will try tomorrow morning. Have you tried one of these passwords for cimc before.

Please inform.

Regards

Aby

Hi,

I tried all these above passwords. But it is not working. 

Regards

Abeeb

Hi Abeeb,

Please try below steps:

-Reboot the server
-Enter the BIOS and then go to Advanced
-Setup > Baseboard Management Controller Settings > User Account Settings.
-Then change the username as well as the password for the default user.

or

BIOS -> Security -> Check if you get an option to change the password there.

Regards,

Anarv

Thanks 

Hello Abeeb,

Can you update if this issue is fixed and the resolution step. I encounter the same issue but even the password reset from BIOS dint help.

Hello Rafi,

Have you tried IP from DHCP server. Create a dhcp server in switch and allow to give ip address to CIMC. Access through GUI andc you can enter with default password. Once enter you can change it.

Regards

Hi Everyone!

I have the same issue, but I resolve the problem when I turned off the Numlock from Keyboard.

Thanks mlucio1 it worked for me too

compterds
Level 1
Level 1

Have you figured out what happened on cimc utility ? 

Because I'm encoutering exactly the same issue...

Yoann

Assign the IP address to CIMC with the help of DHCP server and then try it with default password from GUI. It works for me.

Hello guys,

I have encountered the same, but in my case the reason was trivial: the keyboard by default goes to Numeric on, I had to turn it off.  The default is "password"as it should be.

Cheers

Cheers it was the numlock in my case too, and confirm password was the default

Thanks !! This worked. 

Had to turn off Numlock in the keyboard, and user default password "password". 

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card