Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Custom ISO - ESX 5.5 Update 2 - Upgrade fails - Conflicting VIBS

Richard Simmons
Level 3
Level 3

Hi All,

I receive the following error when trying to upgrade from the Cisco Custom ISO ESX 5.5 Update 1 to Update 2;

<CONFLICTING_VIBS ERROR: Vibs on the host are conflicting with vibs in metadata. Remove the conflicting vibs or use Image Builder to create a custom ISO providing newer versions of the conflicting vibs.

['Broadcom_bootbank_net-bnx2_2.2.5d.v55.2-10EM.550.0.0.1331820', Broadcom_bootbank_net-bnx2_2.2.5d.v55.2-10EM.550.0.0.1331820']>

-- Screen shot attached ---

I have upgrade the host with HUU 2.0.3d-1.

There are several posts on the vmware forums about a similar issue to this but for the HP custom ISO, any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,

Richard

21 Replies 21

FYI I just ran into the same problem with a C240M3 running firmware version 2.0(3d). It's a BE7K server so it also has the quad NIC card.

Thank you for that information. I will keep that under consideration, also. I will keep you updated as I learn more.

Thanks

-Bruce

I'm having the same issue with Cisco UCS 200 M1 firmware 1.4 (3v). This one is using a Quad Port Broadcom Card and attempting to go from 5.5 u1 to 5.5 u2

I am also having this same issue.  Upgraded the FI, infrastructure and B200M3 to Firmware 2.2(3c) last night.  Tried loading Cisco 5.5 U2 and failed.

ok, so that may rule out the card  driver as a problem... what type of adapter are you using?

-Kenny

Hello,

Have you find the resolution yet? I've ran into same issue with same configuration!

What if we just try to rule out that card from the equation... can you guys remove the card and try the upgrade? just in case this is a driver conflict thing.... Just while Bruce gets more info about this... the try will be worth IMHO...

-Kenny

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card