Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco UCS 220 M5 Embedded NICs not working

Matthias28
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I have a Cisco UCS C220 M5SX and in the CIMC the embedded 1/10G NICs are not detected. The same is also on VMWare ESXi 7.03 Cisco Image.
I have also added an i350 MLOM Card and the Card were only detected, if I set in the BIOS the Option "All Onboard LOM Ports" to Disabled instead of Enabled.
I also couldn't find any option to activate the embedded NICs.
When I plug in a network cable, then I see an activity on the NICs and the Switch also shows that there is a connection and also the arrow on the from on the Server is green blinking.
Is there maybe anything wrong with the Server why the embedded NIC isn't working or do I have to setup something additional?

Thank you.
Regards

3 Replies 3

Steven Tardy
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Is this UCS C220 M5 "integrated" into a UCS Fabric Interconnect?

If so, then that's expected and called out in the docs:

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/unified_computing/ucs/c-series_integration/ucsm4-0/b_C-Series-Integration_UCSM4-0/b_C-Series-Integration_UCSM4-0_chapter_01.html

The LOM ports on Cisco UCS C-Series Rack-Mount Servers integrated with Cisco UCS Manager are not managed by Cisco UCS Manager. 

The Cisco UCS C220 M5 isn't integrated to a UCS Fabric Interconnect. It is just connected to a normal Cisco WS-C3850-48U-E Switch.
I have attached also Screenshots with MLOM in the Name, were you can see the Settings were the MLOM Card is detected without the LOM Ports and also Screenshots with no_nic in the Name, were the MLOM Card isn't shown and also not the LOM Ports.
I have also reset the CIMC two times.

Maybe you can see something what is wrong.

Thank you.

Matthias28
Level 1
Level 1

The LOM Ports are now seems to be working an recognized by CIMC and also on ESXi, but the MLOM Card isn't recognized, if the LOM Ports are Enabled. If I disable the LOM Ports then the MLOM Card is working or is this a normal behaviour?

Thanks.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card