Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco UCS C210 M2: PXE-E61: Media test failure, check cable

ysanadiga01
Level 1
Level 1

Hi there,

I'm working on Cisco UCS C210 M2 server. I got 10 146 GB SAS  HD with LSI MegaRAID Raid Controller. I did run the Raid Controller and choose RAID6. After that I installed ESXi and it said reboot the server. Now when I reboot the server I get the following error message:

PXE-E61 : Media test failure, check cable

PXE-M0F: Exiting Boradcom PXE ROM

Reboot and Select proper Boot dervice

or Insert Boot Media in selected Boot device and press a key

Any suggestions how I can solve this issue.

Thanks.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

richard.pugh
Level 1
Level 1

You will need to go into the LSI MegaRaid Controller Bios (Ctrl + H) and select the virtual drives option on the left. When the Virtual Drives window opens, you must select the drive (the Raid Volume) that you want as your primary boot disk and below there will be an option to set as your boot device. Apply it and save.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

richard.pugh
Level 1
Level 1

You will need to go into the LSI MegaRaid Controller Bios (Ctrl + H) and select the virtual drives option on the left. When the Virtual Drives window opens, you must select the drive (the Raid Volume) that you want as your primary boot disk and below there will be an option to set as your boot device. Apply it and save.

ysanadiga01
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Richard,

Thanks for your prompt reply.

I will try that and let you know if it worked.

Thanks

Another tip to speed up your boot process is to enter the Broadcom option ROM and disable the PXE boot option.  If you have your RAID device set as a higher priority boot device in your BIOS you also wouldn't need to worry about this.

As Richard has stated, your issue just appears that you haven't set the drive - sample pic attached.

Regards,

Robert

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card