Views
Helpful
Replies

Collect full UCS Inventory

colin.lynch
Level 4
Level 4

Hi All

I have a requirement to regularly collect UCS Inventories, at present I go through the painful task of copy and pasting all the model and serial numbers from UCSM, but am sure there must be a much easier way to do this, like a "show inventory" at the cli or somthing.

A nice feature request would be a 1 click full export of the complete inventory and all s/no's to module level (Servers, Adapters, PSU's modules etc..) to an XLSX from UCSM.

Will continue hunting around the cli in the meantime.

Thanks in advance.

Colin

14 Replies 14

cpaggen
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

In the Admin tab, go to Communication Services. From there, check out the Call Home section. There's an option to send a full inventory to an email address. It's an XML file which you'll have to write a small parser for or import into a tool that can interpret it (you could simply load it into your web browser).

From the CLI you can also "scope chassis N" and do "show inventory expand". You can easily script this to loop through all your chassis.

Hi All,

anyone know how i could retrieve the inventory information for standalone UCS C series servers?

i have used the excellent script by Willem for the UCS inventory & i need something similar for the C series.

Thanks

Kass

colin.lynch
Level 4
Level 4

Hi All

Pretty much got there now, using the below commands.

"sh Fabric-interconnect inventory expand"  Fabric Interconnect, Expansion Modules, Fans and PSUs

"sh chassis inventory expand"   Chassis, IOM, PSU's and Servers

"sh server inventory expand"      Servers and Adapters.

Colin

Hi Colin,

I could not export it to Excel or any other format using the commands provided. It has the option to export it in Volatile or Workspace format.

Is there a way to export the UCS inventory to excel using the above commands?

Regards,

A.Khalid

Khalid,

Check out the " Export " option under UCSM > Equipment > for exporting the inventory details to a CSV file format.

HTH

Padma

Hi Padma,

Are you refering USCM > Equipment > Servers ? If yes then Serial Number for the servers are missing

I would like to know is there way from where we can generate a entire UCS devices inventory?

Regards,

Amit Vyas

Hi Amit

I now use the PowerShell script created by Jeremy Waldop, which can be found at the below link.

It's great at creating a nice html file of the complete state of a single or multiple Cisco UCS Domains (including all Asset details)

http://jeremywaldrop.wordpress.com/2012/04/04/cisco-ucs-powershell-health-check-report/

Regards

Colin

Thanks Colin,

It helped me too for the inventory

Regards,

Amit Vyas

How do we inventory server components as well?

wschaik
Level 1
Level 1

Maybe four years too late :) but I recently wrote and published a PowerShell script, that is exactly doing this:  https://communities.cisco.com/docs/DOC-56414

Willem

robertdemay
Level 1
Level 1

We are looking for the same thing, but from UCS Central.  We have 22 Domains and we are trying to inventory the complete inventory without have to log into each domain.

So you are wanting to poll the inventory from the UCS Central perspective or would you rather just poll your UCSM domains and get it that way?

You should be able to use the existing powershell script for all the UCSM domains or there is also a SDK for Central: https://github.com/CiscoUcs/ucscsdk

Thanks

Old Thread but relevant to what I am doing. Using the latest copy of the script One thing I have not been able to do is login to the the UCS using user-name and domain. I can login using a single user and password via CLI and user name and domain via web gui but not CLI.
Can someone give me a working example of a user and domain login via CLI please.

f.henco
Level 1
Level 1

For UCS 6333 FI

scope fabric-interconnect b

show port

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card