cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Compatibility query

esic_dco
Level 1
Level 1

Is HP rack server is compatible with Cisco UCSM. Can we connect HP rack server in CISCO fabric interconnect??

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

HP gear does not have the Cisco code, CIMC, and eco system in order to even understand what the UCSM is.

There is no way to get HP gear to behave or respond like Cisco gear, from management perspective.

If you want the benefits of UCSM management (i.e. pools, service profiles, templates), then you will need another Cisco UCS server.

Again, you can connect the server as an appliance port (https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/servers-unified-computing/ucs-5100-series-blade-server-chassis/116075-ucs-app-connectivity-tshoot-00.html) provided it as supported SFPs, etc.

Kirk...

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Kirk J
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

UCSM integration requires specific models of UCS blade/chassis or Rack servers.

You could connect the server via an appliance port, similarly like you would connect a iscsi or NFS storage appliance.

Kirk...

esic_dco
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Krik,

Thanks for the reply. My query is m working in UCSM environment with CISCO chassis and blade server and would like to add a HP rack server in current UCSM setup. Can we add a third party server to UCSM? Is it  mandatory to add only CISCO made servers in UCSM setup or we can add any third party server to the existing setup?

HP gear does not have the Cisco code, CIMC, and eco system in order to even understand what the UCSM is.

There is no way to get HP gear to behave or respond like Cisco gear, from management perspective.

If you want the benefits of UCSM management (i.e. pools, service profiles, templates), then you will need another Cisco UCS server.

Again, you can connect the server as an appliance port (https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/servers-unified-computing/ucs-5100-series-blade-server-chassis/116075-ucs-app-connectivity-tshoot-00.html) provided it as supported SFPs, etc.

Kirk...

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card