Views
Helpful
Replies

Datastorage in Cisco Hyperflex Solution

joe.cabanillas
Level 1
Level 1

Good morning community,
How is the calculation for the capacity of the datastorage in a hyperconvergence solution ?. I currently have a solution of 04 HX240C-M4SX nodes, each with 12 1.2TB disks. In summary would have a gross net capacity of 57.6TB, the solution is configured with replication factor 3, under these conditions of how much would my datastorage ?, Can you help me with this doubt ?.
Thank you.

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

RedNectar
VIP
VIP

Hi @joe.cabanillas ,

If it were as simle as dividing 57.6 by 3, then you'd get an answer of 19.2TB - but of course compression and deduplication screw the formula completely.

I suggest you visit the Hyperflex Sizing tool and go for the choose the Sizing Calculator and put in your details there, including expected compression and de-dupe factors (defaults are given if you are not sure)

I hope this helps

Don't forget to mark answers as correct if it solves your problem. This helps others find the correct answer if they search for the same problem

RedNectar aka Chris Welsh.
Forum Tips: 1. Paste images inline - don't attach. 2. Always mark helpful and correct answers, it helps others find what they need.

View solution in original post

It was very clear to me.
Thanks for the explanation.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

RedNectar
VIP
VIP

Hi @joe.cabanillas ,

If it were as simle as dividing 57.6 by 3, then you'd get an answer of 19.2TB - but of course compression and deduplication screw the formula completely.

I suggest you visit the Hyperflex Sizing tool and go for the choose the Sizing Calculator and put in your details there, including expected compression and de-dupe factors (defaults are given if you are not sure)

I hope this helps

Don't forget to mark answers as correct if it solves your problem. This helps others find the correct answer if they search for the same problem

RedNectar aka Chris Welsh.
Forum Tips: 1. Paste images inline - don't attach. 2. Always mark helpful and correct answers, it helps others find what they need.

It was very clear to me.
Thanks for the explanation.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card