cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ESXi 6.0 Installation on Nvme Drives ( With RAID/Redundancy/ mirroring)which comes with cisco C240 M4 Server

Gonuguntla Gopi
Level 1
Level 1

Dear Friends,

I am trying to install the esxi on cisco UCS C240M4 server as standalone. It has 2x Nvme drives & rest all are SAS drives. But i am not successful. This device has UCSC-MRAID12G controller too. But it won't support Nvme drives.

Please advise with a procedure / specific settings which needs to be followed for installing the esxi on the Nvme drives.

How can we achieve the RAID 1 /Mirroring of the drives,successful installation & other best practices which needs to be followed.

Thanks in advance

Regards,

Gopi G

1 Reply 1

Kirk J
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Greetings.

The NVME devices currently have their own PCI-E controller, and do not use scsi/sas commands.. As such they are NOT plugged into the standard 6Gb or 12GB sas/sata raid controllers.

I expect that we'll see more hybrid controllers become available that will have this functionality for NVME raid, but for now, you will have to use OS level software raid (if the OS supports it).  

Should note that Broadcom/avago/LSI does have a trimode 9400 series controller that looks to have this functionality.

Not sure when/if there will be a related model that gets added to tested/approved spec list.

Thanks,

Kirk...

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: