cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How to make Service Profile name as I want?

Sandemann
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

I wonder how I can make Service Profiles from a Template and name them as I want.

If I shall make 2 Service Profiles and want to call them server-026 and server-027, the only way I can fix this is to make 7 Service Profiles named server-02 as Naming Prefix and set the number to 7

Capture2.PNG

This will make the Service Profiles that I want, but I have to delete 5, because I don't need them!

Is there any way that I can make one Service Profiles and name it what I want?

/Stig Sand

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

abbharga
Level 4
Level 4

Hi Stig,

Does creating a clone not help you?

./Abhinav

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

abbharga
Level 4
Level 4

Hi Stig,

Does creating a clone not help you?

./Abhinav

Hm

Is this the way to do it?

I always choose to "create Service Profiles From Template" when I'm making new Service Profiles.

But I see now that I can choose an existing Service Profile and make a clone of that.

Will this do that the Service Profile gets it's settings from the template or just from the Service Profile that I cloned? So if I clone an Service Profile and for some reason I need to make changes there, and want have this changes to the Service Profile that is cloned.

I don't know if you understand what I'm trying to say here

Hi Stig,

Yes i perfectly understand what you mean .

The clone is a exact clone of the current serivce profile and carrie all the properties like the base template details etc. So as long as you have an updating template from which you creted the original service profile, the changes and modifications would reflect in the new one.

./Abhinav

Hi and thanks for answering

I see now that my templates is Initial Template and når updating.

This was made by the consultant that installed UCS for us.

Is it any good idea to clone Service Profiles then?

We haven't a very big UCS enviroment, so maybe that's why it is set up as it is.

Have more control over the Service Profiles, but it is a little more work if I shall change something.

Hi Stig,

probably if you see in furture you need more control over your service profiles you may want to create an updating template with the same properties and start using the new template going forward.

./Abhinav

Thanks.

And the only way to name my Service Profiles as I want, is to clone another Service Profile?

Thanks again for your help

With the gui it is not possible. However there is a xml command to create a number of templates with a freeform name. I created a php page for it to do it.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card