cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

how to replace failed RAID 1 HDD in Cisco UCS CM220-M3

ninoy
Level 1
Level 1

hi to all cisco experts i need some help about my UCS M220-M3 blade server a few months ago my another 1 HDD has failed .

My HDD configuration is RAID 1.

i have 2 hdd

HDD Specs

Manufacturer HP

HDD: SAS

Size: 600GB

Speed: 5,000 RPM

Operating System Centos 6.7 

this is the way how i replaced the HDD.

1. turn off the server 

2. insert new HDD

3.power ON the server and wait till server boot and it shows me 2 HDD detected but it says degraded.

4. i press CTRL+M to go in LSI Raid configuration.

5. and its automatic rebuild in progress but it takes very long time. i try to wait about 2 days but still not finished.

6. after that i abort the rebuild progress and go to LSI raid setup in and make the HDD force online.

7. after i forced online the new HDD it back to normal its says on screen RAID 1 is online.

But my problem now is i want to make sure if my HDD1 is syncing from HDD0????

i want to know if how can i make sure if it is scyncing.

Thanks in advanced...

2 Replies 2

Kirk J
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Greetings.

It sounds like you are using on the embedded MegaRaid SoftwareRaid controller.

I have had many customer report that they cannot get the MegaraidSR Cntrl+M option rom utility to detect HD not on the spec sheet.

The onboard megaraidSR controller is 'unmanaged' and you don't really get much diag info from it like you would a regular raid controller such as the 9271-8i controllers.

In any event you will need to use HDs from the C220M3 spec sheets to get support.

Thanks,

Kirk...

ninoy
Level 1
Level 1

I just want to know if my HDD is syncing.. have picture attached show my hdd is configured as Raid 1

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card