cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

issue with ghost profile in UCS central

villykaras
Level 1
Level 1

I have created a global service profile in UCS Central, and subsequently deleted it.  Now when I try to create another service profile I get the following error:

"[FSM:STAGE:REMOTE-ERROR]: Result: unidentified-fail Code: ERR-MO-resource-allocation Message: Cannot assign address 00:25:B5:01:00:42 to org-root/ls-BVUCSVMBP12/ether-G_BV_ESXi_Mgmt as it is already assigned to org-root/ls-BVUCSVMBP11/ether-"

BVUCSVMBP11 is the name of the old service profile, and BVUCSVMBP12 is the new one.  It appears that the pool is still showing this MAC bound to the old service profile, but not incrementing the counter so that when I create a new service profile, it trys to re-use the MAC, but can't because it is already bound to the old/deleted SP.

5 Replies 5

Walter Dey
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

I assume this are MAC addresses out of a global pool ?

was/is  this global SP associated with a blade ?

Is UCS Central still properly connected to this UCS domain ?

hi Walter,

We have UCS central configured with UUID, MAC, HBA ID's in pool.

created Global service profile from template, it was later renamed/deleted but still physical blade shows old GSP associated shown in the picture and when configured new GSP, getting same above error. 

Can you please try to disassociate the global service profile. If it is associated and you delete it, it is still locking all the resources like e.g. mac addresses,.....

hi Walter,

GSP doesnt exist. but it shows at associated with old name.

I would then reset the blade and/or decommission / recommission !

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card