cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Local Hard Disk not found in Boot CISCO UCSM B200 M4 Blade Server

blueangel5
Level 1
Level 1

Hello i would like to ask on how i can resolve the issue of the booting of Local Hard Drive . When i finish creating a service profile and completed each and every configuration.

Then i associate it to the specific server.

When the association was completed and server has been booted.

I saw 1 Virtual Drive found in virtual host adapter

0 Virtual Drive handled by bios

and i check the configuration all is fine in local hard disk configuration policy using the default configuration.

after i booted the server he could not find the hard disk.

i dont know what else i could do to resolve this issue i could not start my work to deploy the ESXi it already took me 3 weeks trying to figure out and solve this unknown issue.

If anyone could help me i would be so glad.

Hoping for all of your knowledge

Thank yoi

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Greetings.

You will need to order compatible drives, please see http://www.cisco.com/c/dam/en/us/products/collateral/servers-unified-computing/ucs-b-series-blade-servers/b200m4-specsheet.pdf

From the above spec sheet, please note:

NOTE: 4K format drives are not qualified or supported at this time with B-Series UCS servers.

It appears your boot drive issue is caused by incompatible drives.

To resolve this, you will need to use drives listed in the spec sheet.

Thanks,

Kirk

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

Kirk J
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Greetings.

Just to confirm, what HD model are you using?

The blades shouldn't discover them, but just want to make sure you don't have 4K sector sized drives, which require UEFI and won't show the virtual drive handled by bios.

Thanks,

Kirk...

My hard disk model :
Seagate Technology LLC

1.8 TB 12G SAS 10K RPM SFF HDD (4K)
UCSB-MRAID12G

Block Size: 4096

Cache size: 128mb

Technology: HDD

Operability: Operable 

Presence: Equipped

Running Version: K002

Greetings.

You will need to order compatible drives, please see http://www.cisco.com/c/dam/en/us/products/collateral/servers-unified-computing/ucs-b-series-blade-servers/b200m4-specsheet.pdf

From the above spec sheet, please note:

NOTE: 4K format drives are not qualified or supported at this time with B-Series UCS servers.

It appears your boot drive issue is caused by incompatible drives.

To resolve this, you will need to use drives listed in the spec sheet.

Thanks,

Kirk

Pls sir Kirk help me to configure my 4k type HDD SAS hard drive i need it working this week :( please sir..

is the 4k hard drives really does not support our CISCO Blade UCS B200 M4 server? because my boss told me that it is already pre installed when they delivered the blade server .

You will want to contact your Account team to see how these were  ordered, and see what your options are for getting comparable non-4K drives.

Thanks,

Kirk...

thank you so much Kirk J for everything ! you are the only one who helped me on this.. thank you!

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card