Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

MTU 9216 Configuration in Nexus 9372TX

Hi Friends,

How we can configure the MTU size 9216 in Nexus 9372TX ?

As I have configured the MTU size 9216 by executing below CLI in Nexus 9372TX

interface Ethernet 1/47

system jumbomtu 9216

Above cli is executed successful but when we execute the below cli

show interface Ethernet 1/47

In Output we are still getting MTU 9100

Please help me to fix this issue as I need to configure mtu size 9216 as my server having the mtu size is 9216 due to which my server is not coming up.

Your support is required.

Thanks

Ganesh Prasad Gupta  

4 Replies 4

Wes Austin
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello,

Here is some reference documentation

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/switches/nexus-9000-series-switches/118994-config-nexus-00.html

Layer 2 MTU can be set either through the network Quality of Service (QoS) policy or by configuring the port itself on switches that support per-port MTU. Only the Nexus 7000, 7700, 9300, and 9500 support per-port MTU.

Nexus 7000, 7700, 9300, and 9500 Configuration

In order to configure MTU on a per-port basis, this configuration is needed:

Switch(config)#interface ethernet 1/1
Switch(config-if)#mtu 9216

HTH,

Wes

Please mark the answer as correct if you found it helpful so others can find it easier.

-Wes

Wesley is correct.  The command you're using, system jumbomtu, is setting the maximum jumbo mtu size for the switch as a whole (hence, system) and is not an interface level command.  You can confirm that by hitting ? after entering the interface configuration.  You should not see system jumbomtu, but you should see the mtu command, which is what configures the MTU for that particular interface.

Hi Wesley,

Thanks for your kind response.

That switch model in Nexus 3548 but the problem is same and as per the shared URL we are getting same status.

One thing i am not sure the by configuring qos it will affect on all physical port of nexus as we have to configure qos on global mode only.

so how we can achieved mtu 9216 on interface level (Nexus 3548)

Ganesh

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card