cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Need help re-registering HyperFlex Storage Connect with VCenter server

baron164
Level 1
Level 1

I am taking over an existing HyperFlex cluster. I am attempting to upgrade the HyperFlex Storage Connect system from 2.6(1d) to 4.5. However, I'm unable to upgrade to even the 2.6(1e) version because (I assume) the Storage Connect system is currently registered to an older and non existent VCenter server. When I try to perform the upgrade I receive this error:

"Checking EAM Service Status on VMWare Virtual Center

VI SDK invoke exception:; nested exception is: com.vmware.eam.EamRuntimeFault"

I have attempted to reregister the system with the current 6.7 VCenter server but after about 5 minutes it fails with this message:

Storage cluster reregistration with a new vCenter failed: StException(severity=2, data=None, _message='VI SDK invoke exception:; nested exception is: \n\tcom.vmware.eam.EamRuntimeFault', lcMessage=LocalizableMessage(msgid='Connection error between vCenter and ESX Agent Manager (EAM). From vSphere, restart the EAM services. Then click Retry Cluster Creation.', msgstr='Connection error between vCenter and ESX Agent Manager (EAM). From vSphere, restart the EAM services. Then click Retry Cluster Creation.', params=[], msgid_plural=None, msgctxt=None), _DO_NOT_USE_localizedMessage=None, cause=None, id=204, entityRef=None)
Connection error between vCenter and ESX Agent Manager (EAM). From vSphere, restart the EAM services. Then click Retry Cluster Creation.

I have restarted the EAM service and it had no effect. I am hoping someone can provide me an idea as to what the issue here is and how I can resolve it.

5 Replies 5

Steven Tardy
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

See if you can login with vCenter credentials to:

If you cannot login to those on vCenter, then reboot vCenter to see if that allows the reregistration to work.

What version of vCenter do you have? (Is it HX 2.6 compatible?)

If vCenter is updated to something which HX 2.6 doesn't support.

Then I'd spin up a new (temporary) vCenter on a version which is compatible, reregister, upgrade, reregister on current/existing vCenter.

If that doesn't work, this could more underlying issues, so open a TAC case.

I can login to http://vcenter/mob but not the eam/mob one. That just keeps prompting for credentials. VCenter is currently at 6.7, I'm unsure of HX's 2.6 compatibility with VCenter however I have been wondering if that's the issue at play here.

That's the exact VMware vCenter issue I've seen several times (where you can log in to /mob, but not /eam/mob).

Getting VMware support to investigate further has been fruitless.

Just reboot vCenter to see if that fixes it.

Unfortunately rebooting VCenter has had no effect, I'm still getting the same error.

Gary.Burgos
Level 1
Level 1

https://kb.vmware.com/s/article/2112577 Confirmed!!! 

I had this issue because an event in the past with our vcenter' certificates... this issue happen becuause the certificates were replaced/corrected. Apply this KB and you get the solution. Good luck! 

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: