Views
Helpful
Replies

Need help replacing a SATA drive on Cisco UCM Server C220

jencisco001
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Cisco CUCM Members-

I can't login to the CIMC of CUCM UCM Server Chassis because of the Adobe Flash Error. I have tried multiple browsers and do not have an old Windows 8 computer. I am on a Windows 11. Either way... I see an AMBER light on one of the Subscriber server SATA drives and I purchased a new drive to replace. Do I need to power down the Subscriber server chassis entirely before replacing this drive? I have not done this before. Do I need to see the status of the drives in CIMC? If so.. any other ideas to bypass the Adobe Flash Player on the Web GUI for CIMC? Any help would be greatly appreciated!

4 Replies 4

You can access the CIMC using portable Mozilla with flash player. Portable Mozilla you don't need to install just run it. You can download it from this link.

If one hard disk you can install new by removing the old.

Response Signature

As this is not really related to anything in Collaboration, it’s a UCS related question, I’ll be moving it to that section of the community.

Response Signature

Kirk J
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

The CIMC can be accessed via SSH, and provide status info.  https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/unified_computing/ucs/c/sw/cli/config/guide/2-0/b_Cisco_UCS_C-Series_CLI_Configuration_Guide_201/b_Cisco_UCS_C-Series_CLI_Configuration_Guide_201_chapter_01001.html

The drives are generally hotswap, and assuming it was some sort of raid with parity data type (i.e raid 1, raid 5, etc) and not raid 0, the raid controller will start the healing/rebuild once the new drive is inserted.

Kirk...

HI Kirk J !
I was able to hot swap the SATA Drive and it completed synching. The CUCM Subscriber is back up and operational now - Backups are not erroring out anymore either! Very appreciative of your help!

Have a great weekend!

Jen

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card