Views
Helpful
Replies

No FCoE SAN Connectivity

dennisermisch
Level 1
Level 1

Hi there,

I have a question about UCS and FCoE – I don’t have a solution for my problem :(

I configured my UCS with UCSM 2.1(3a) with a FCoE Uplink, default vsan, fcoe VLAN  99 – and the upstream nexus 5548up (nx-os 5.1.3) with npiv and fcoe  features – everything works fine except end to end connectivity. My  virtual HBA has done the flogi perfectly, but in the fcns the fc4 type  is missing so I can’t reach storage or other things. fcping works but  thats all – no other connectivity.

Its nearly the same problem like here: https://supportforums.cisco.com/thread/2131070 but in my case, two 6248UP FI's and Nexus 5548UP as upstream switch.

The Blades are B200 M3 with VIC1240, all firmware from new 2.1(3a)  release. Zoning seems to be correct, system qos settings are fine on my  5548 but now im running out of ideas. Sadly I don't have full access to the 5548.

Do anyone have an idea or a thing I could do / check?
I tried restarting the blades / fi’s but nothing works.

Best regards,
Dennis

1 Reply 1

padramas
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello Dennis,

I assume the storage array is connected to N5K ( Fc or FCoE ? ) .

Is this boot from SAN or locally installed OS trying to access LUN ?

What OS and FNIC driver version installed in the OS ?

To start with, please execute the following commands on the adapter of the blade

connect adapter 1/1/1     ( assusming server 1/1 )

connect

attach-fls

vnic

lunlist

lunmap

login 

Padma

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card