Views
Helpful
Replies

Planning to move our existing UCS infrastructure to vBlock solutions

Nageswara Rao S
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

Hope you guys are doing good, I just need your suggestion on moving Cisco UCS platform to either vBlock (VCE) or HP Blades.

Can you please just give your suggestions and the complications we will face to move the UCS infrastructure to vBlock or HP Blades.

Thanks,

Nagesh

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Walter Dey
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi Nagesh

Can you please explain us your motivation ?

Moving UCS to HP Blades, means just starting from scratch; HP has no concept of service profiles,....

vBlock is a turnkey solution, including EMC storage and Cisco networking and server; I don't think that VCE will allow you to recycle your existing UCS components.

VCE has their own (not public available) interop matrix; best case, I could see that you might be able to reuse blades.

Walter. 

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Walter Dey
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi Nagesh

Can you please explain us your motivation ?

Moving UCS to HP Blades, means just starting from scratch; HP has no concept of service profiles,....

vBlock is a turnkey solution, including EMC storage and Cisco networking and server; I don't think that VCE will allow you to recycle your existing UCS components.

VCE has their own (not public available) interop matrix; best case, I could see that you might be able to reuse blades.

Walter. 

Hi Dey,

Main intention is our UCS infrastructure is going end of lease, so we want to move to the best solution where with less downtime we can migrate our UCS infrastructure.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card