Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Port-channel Problem between Fabric Interconnect and N7K vPC

Dear all,

I have a problem with Port-channel Uplink between Fabric Interconnect with N7K using vPC

This is my network topology for UCS Deployment

UCS_fault.jpg

In N7K I has configured vPC for red link and green link, at Fabric Interconnect A I has configured Port-Channel with member is Port 1 and Port 2, uplink is red link. At Fabric Interconnect B, I has configured Port-Channel with member is Port 1 and Port 2, uplink is green link.

The show interface port-channel on N7K is good, every port-channel is up and have all member. But At Fabric Interconnnect, when I see on UCS Manager, the status of Port-Channel on Fabic A and Fabric B is fault with Additional Info: No operational member. Although all link is link up and I has status of Port-Channel is enable on UCS Manager. When I see the Properties of Port 1, Port 2 on Port-channel, I see the membership status is : individual. This mean port-channel is not up and no membership in this configuration. I want to using port-channel for load balance and plus more bandwidth for uplink to 20Gig. I don't understand why ?

Please help me resolve this problem, I has send the capture screen of UCS Manager when I show status of Port-channel and Port-member in port-channel in attach items.

Anyone can help me to resolve this, thanks you very much. Please reference attach items for more detail about fault.

Thanks,

Trung.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hello Nguyen,

From both N7k please collect:

sh cdp nei

sh run int po X membership

sh port-chan sum

Thanks,

Matthew

View solution in original post

8 Replies 8

anyone can help me resolve this ?

Thanks,

Trung.

Hello Nguyen,

From both N7k please collect:

sh cdp nei

sh run int po X membership

sh port-chan sum

Thanks,

Matthew

Thanks Matthew very much,

I has resolved this problem. The reason of problem is miss match protocol of port-channel between N7K and Fabric Interconnect. The Fabric Interconnect always use LACP protocol, but N7K using Port-channel mode on, that why the port-channel failed. I has configured LACP for port-channel in N7K, it has resolved the problems.

Thanks,

Trung.

dustin.nguyen
Level 1
Level 1

Trung-

Can you help me how to config nexus 7010 to fex 2248 ?  what you have to do on vpc and have to config fex asssociate max pin ? Thanks,

Dustin Nguyen dnguyen@hotmail.com  cell 704-502-9686

Hi Dustin Nguyen,

My N7K not using 2248 as remote linecard, we are using 10Gbps Interface with N7K-M132XP-12 (32 Port 10G). I use 2 port 10G on each N7K to create vpc, total bandwidth is 20G. I will collect configuration and send for you as soon as possible.

Thanks,

Trung.

trerober
Level 1
Level 1

Just adding my $0.02 based on a troubleshooting session:

If you have optical cabling between the FI and Nexus, check your polarity: it may need to be changed

Just did so for eight uplinks.

esomarriba
Level 5
Level 5

Hi Nguyen Duc Trung,

Can you share your N7K vPC configuration with UCS-M? If possible send me a PM or send me an email.- I would greatly

appreciate your input!

Best Regards,

Elyinn.-

Hello Elyinn,

I has configured N7K vPC on customer site at one year ago , so now I must contact with customer to get this configuration, please waiting me, I will reply you soon.

P/S: Did you sent a add request my yahoo IM ?

Thanks,

Trung.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: