cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Publish VLANs to UCS Domains - PowerTool

sastevenson
Level 1
Level 1

Trying to use the UCS Central PowerTool to create VLANs, set org permissions, and publish VLANs to UCS Domains.  I have been able to create VLANs and set org permissions but cannot find a method to publish VLANs.

In the UCS Central CLI, the 'publish vlan' command will push VLANs to a specified UCS domain.  What is the equivalent process/command in PowerTool?

Thanks for taking a look.

1 Reply 1

Raphael
Level 1
Level 1

I am having the same problem or almost.

I figured out how to create a new VLAN in UCS Central and to set org permissions. But I cannot figure out how to publish a UCS Central VLAN to several UCS Domains that are registered with the UCS Central.

Is this somehow possible with the current UCS PowerTool kit?

Unfortunately, the "publish VLAN" command is only available via SSH CLI on UCS Central and not via GUI. Therefore I cannot convert the GUI actions into some PowerShell code.

Or if somebody knows if it is possible to convert SSH CLI commands into PowerShell commands, then that would help as well.

SSH CLI commands for pushing/publishing a VLAN to a UCS domain:

connect resource-mgr 
scope domain-mgmt 
scope ucs-domain <DOMAIN-ID> 
publish vlan <VLAN-NAME> 

Any help or advice is appreciated :-)

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: