cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

R200-1120402W UCS C200 M2 Server Drive Options

rgrace110
Level 1
Level 1

I am trying to confirm what side Sata drives can be installed.

Our DC has 2 drives installed leaving the additional bays available.   We have a situation where we want to mount a 2tb or larger drive.

What is the largest sat drive that can be installed in this box.  I did verify that a standard desktop drive will work in the bay.

Thanks in advance.

14 Replies 14

Manuel Velasco
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Ray

Depends on the size of drives your server uses from the spec sheet it looks like the largest SATA drive supported is 1TB for the 2.5inch drives and 500GB for the 3.5-inch, please see spec sheet below for details

Select Drive (page 14)

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/prod/collateral/ps10265/ps10493/spec_sheet_c17-644227.pdf

Marcin Latosiewicz
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Edit: Looks like Manuel responded while I was going through my links

Ray,

Have a look at "step 4",

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/prod/collateral/ps10265/ps10493/spec_sheet_c17-644227.pdf

I do believe this is still accurate. 2TB is max.

M.

Ive seen the documentation.   Another Cisco Doc indicates 3.5 Sata as large as 1T.   I need to know if it will support a 3.5 Sata 2T.  If now, I will get to 1T and stripe them for my purposes.

Desktop drives work in it,    Just thinking if a 1T works, Why would a 2 not.   Just trying to get confirmation.

Hi Ray,

Can you send me the link of the documentation that says that the C200 M2 LFF supports 1T SATA drive.

It is possible that the 2TB might work, but we don't know what the behavior is going to be or if the server is going to recognize it.  Also there's no 2TB cisco SATA drives in the support matrix for this server for order.

Thank you

Same as you sent.  If a 2.5" sata 2 T would work, I would assume same of a 3.5"

And was looking at Seagate Drives similar to the 500gb that are currently installed.

From this sheet only the SAS drive  can support up to 2T.  Are you looking for SAS or SATA Drives

What type of raid controller do you have installed on this server? It is possible that your raid controller supports both types SAS and SATA

SATA.   4 bay 3.5"

But do you know the raid controller model?

Is it a PCIe base, Mezzanine or onboard?

Unsure.  This is the large form factor model.   Drives show up directly in OS.  I suspect it is onboard.

If this is the case only SATA drives are supported.

Let me know if you have any other questions or rate this post if we have provided the information you were looknig for.

I found this..

ICH10R/D0 does support physical drives larger than 2TB used as data disks.

Does that seem Valid?

hmm

I am not sure if the ICH10R and the ICH10R/D0 are the same, but you can always try. 

Hi Ray,

I understand that you want to make this work and it might work like I said before, but at the end of the day if you run into any problems with these drives and request Cisco support, TAC may just push back until your server is running with a supported configuration. 

Understood. Thanks for the information.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: