cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

RedHat Clustering with Cisco UCS B Series?

Chris Winne
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I’m trying to figure out how to configure HA with luci/ricci and Cisco UCS. I’ve added both of my nodes into a cluster in luci, but can’t seem to get fencing to work. In testing this, I found the fence_cisco_ucs command. Running this against UCS Central does not work, nor does running against the Management IP of the UCS B Series blade itself. Running the following command against the VIP for the UCS domain does give me a list of service profiles on that domain:

[root@RHClusterBlade1 ~]# fence_cisco_ucs -a UCS-Domain-VIP -l admin -p ******** -z -o list
org-root/org-US/ls-RHClusterBlade2,
org-root/org-US/ls-ESXHost,
org-root/org-US/ls-SQLServer,

However, attempting to get any info from that service profile fails:

With SubOrg included:
[root@RHClusterBlade1 ~]# fence_cisco_ucs -a UCS-Domain-VIP -l admin –p ******** -z --suborg org-root/org-US -n ls-RHClusterBlade2 -o status
Failed: Unable to obtain correct plug status or plug is not available

Without SubOrg included:
[root@RHClusterBlade1 ~]# fence_cisco_ucs -a UCS-Domain-VIP -l admin -p ******** -z -n org-root/org-US/ls-RHClusterBlade2 -o status
Failed: Unable to obtain correct plug status or plug is not available

Obviously, luci will need to be able to pull blade status as well as issue power operations using this command. I can't for the life of me figure out why this isn't working. Has anyone successfully configured this clustering with Cisco UCS? If so, what am I missing???

Thanks in advance for any help,

Chris Winne

0 Replies 0
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: