cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Reset 6454 FI currently in Intersight mode.

stolischris
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Team,

Trying to rename a FI via intersight site but there is no option for that. 

I guess, I need to reset them but I cannot issue the connect local-mgmt command, sais not available. 

Any help will be deeply appreciated.

1 Reply 1

RedNectar
VIP
VIP

Hi @stolischris ,

When you have configured a Fabric Interconnect for IMM, I believe you need to issue the erase-configuration command without issuing a connect local-management command first. Here is how it is described by the help command:

UCSX-A# help

Commands:
  cd                             Change the directory to the allowed directories
  change-domain-name             Update the name of the Fabric Interconnect and the Peer FI
  change-mode                    Change the manageable mode of server
  change-password                Update the password for the admin user of the Fabric interconnect
  clear                          clear the screen
  clear-firmware-cache           Clear an entry from the Intersight firmware cache
  clear-sshkey                   Removes hostname/IP Address entry from known host lists
  cluster-start                  Start cluster server(for initial HA setup)
  connect                        Connect to an endpoint
  cp                             Copy a file from local/remote to remote/local filesystem
  erase-configuration            Erase configuration on Fabric interconnect
  exit                           exit the program
<snip> 

I wasn't at liberty to test this on my system, so be sure to let us know if it works. 

RedNectar aka Chris Welsh.
Forum Tips: 1. Paste images inline - don't attach. 2. Always mark helpful and correct answers, it helps others find what they need.
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card