cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Time in a UCS Domain

brittonv
Level 1
Level 1

I am looking for some documentation that describes how Time is set in UCS.  Between all the different UCSM Versions 1.4.- 3.2 there seems to be much confusion.  I found CSCtj19497 that states this was resolved in 2.0.2(m) but as we are running 2.2-3.1 in various sites are still having time issues I am going to say no.

I assumed that setting time in the UCSM via NTP would then supply time to the rest of the infrastructure, but much to my disbelief this is not the case.  There is a need to go to the bios of each piece of hardware and set the time manually...    Granted the work around in CSCtj19497 did point to some guys random blog article from 2010, but that has been since taken down and I still don't have the information.

I am dumbfounded how this is not a seamless integration with the UCSM Clock.  This is not a problem that exists in this type of gear.  Please tell me I am wrong and there is a simple way to set the hardware clocks on hundreds of servers without having to log in to the bios of each individual server with a reboot.

1 Reply 1

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card