cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

UCS Authentication Error with LDAP

brittonv
Level 1
Level 1

I have followed the instructions https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/unified_computing/ucs/sw/sample_configurations/UCSM_1_4_LDAP_with_AD/b_Sample_Configuration_LDAP_with_AD.pdf 

However when I try to test my set up I get

host(nx-os)# test aaa server ldap 192.168.1.1 username password

error authenticating to server, status=7

Kind of at a loss on how to troubleshoot this further.

5 Replies 5

Kirk J
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Have seen some similar cases where ldap tcp ports were blocked by firewall (i.e. port 389).

You might want to attempt a telnet to your ldap server against 389:

connect local-mgmt

local-mgmt> telnet x.x.x.x 389

and confirm you get some sort of response.

Kirk...

Yes I am still troubleshooting this.  When I telnet to port 389 It connects just fine. 

marce1000
VIP
VIP

- Check the authenticating logs on  the ldap-server too when this is tried.

M.

-- Each morning when I wake up and look into the mirror I always say ' Why am I so brilliant ? '
    When the mirror will then always repond to me with ' The only thing that exceeds your brilliance is your beauty! '

Do you have any specifics on how to do that.  I tried enabling debugging but the output was of no better detail.  I have not found any authentication logs.  

- Any ldap platform will have logs on authentications received , use  the Search Powers of  the Net with relevant keywords  on that matter , (for instance 'windows server 2012 ldap server service logs' -> adapt according to your ldap platform parameters.)

M.

-- Each morning when I wake up and look into the mirror I always say ' Why am I so brilliant ? '
    When the mirror will then always repond to me with ' The only thing that exceeds your brilliance is your beauty! '

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card