cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

UCS B-Series PXE Boot Options

Michael Conroy
Level 1
Level 1

I'm looking to have my B200 M3 servers attempt to continuously PXE boot without user intervention but they stop after about 60 seconds with "Reboot and Select proper Boot device or Insert Media in selected Boot device and press a key".  I've tried the following without any luck:

Set the Boot Order Policy so that LAN eth0 is the only boot option.

Created a BIOS policy with the "Boot Option Retry" set to "enabled".

Any suggestions?

2 Replies 2

walter baziuk
Level 5
Level 5

can you please post details about your config and architecture.

do you have a nas or SAN array

do you plan to use  iscsi , FC,  etc to the boot source

do you have a pair of 600 FI and nexus 5K

my se has told us a while ago the iscsi boot is neither  possibble nor supported

I have a pair of 5Ks VPC'd to a pair of FIs.  I'm just trying to get the servers to continuously request an IP address from the DHCP server for PXE boot until it receives an address.  It tries for about 60 seconds and then reports that it didn't receive a response from any DHCP server.  You then need to hit a key to have it try again.  The PXE boot/installation process works great, I'm trying to automate the installation as much as I can without user intervention (in case the DHCP server isn't ready) and was hoping there was a setting from within the UCS configuration to do it.

Thanks!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: