cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

UCS Fiber Channel Ports

cchavez
Level 1
Level 1

I need to unconfigure two FC ports on UCS 6324. I have read some documentation that states "You cannot unconfigure FC Ports". Do I have to do a full config erase for this to change back to ethernet ports? Any help of guidance would be much appreciated. 

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Problem solved.

Selected 'Configure Unified Ports' when a Fabric Interconnect is selected. I was expecting the option to be on the FC port. Why would I check where I configured the FC port in the first place? SIlly me!

Thank you, Wes!

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Wes Austin
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

What are you trying to do exactly?

Yes, if you want to change FC port to Eth or FCoE, it will require a reboot of the 6234, as the ports will need to be re-programmed accordingly.

moving away from Fiber Channel to iSCSI. I need to reclaim the current FC ports for direct attached storage. There are no options to revert back to Ethernet in UCS Manager. I tried via the cli and get the error message "Error: Update failed: [FC Port B/1/1 cannot be unconfigured]"

Problem solved.

Selected 'Configure Unified Ports' when a Fabric Interconnect is selected. I was expecting the option to be on the FC port. Why would I check where I configured the FC port in the first place? SIlly me!

Thank you, Wes!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card