Views
Helpful
Replies

UCS manager port manger error

jibber.mark1
Level 1
Level 1

Hey Members,

I'm running into this critical error on my UCS manager. San Member 1/12 of Port-Channel A on Fabric interconnect A is down, Membership down.

This was working before. After an upgrade though this message started appearing. Anyone have any idea?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Qiese Dides
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Mark,

Is your upstream switch a MDS or N5K? (UCS Fabric Interconnects --> MDS / N5K?).

If so you are most likely running into a known bug which I have linked below;

https://tools.cisco.com/bugsearch/bug/CSCty04686/?reffering_site=dumpcr

To help me verify if this is the bug on your Fabric Interconnect and upstream switch could you run the following command;

Show wwn switch

If your output is the following then as the bug states you will be running into it;

xx:xx:00:2a:6a:xx:xx:xx

OR

xx:xx:8c:60:4f:xx:xx:xx

The work around for this is to update your MDS or N5K switch. This bug is due to the fact that the upstream switch does not recognize the MAC OUI codes of the Fabric Interconnects. Since SAN Port-Channels is a Cisco proprietary technology it needs to be able to recognize this for it to function properly. Once you upgrade your upstream switch the port-channel should continue to function normally.

Best Regards,

Qiese Dides

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Qiese Dides
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Mark,

Is your upstream switch a MDS or N5K? (UCS Fabric Interconnects --> MDS / N5K?).

If so you are most likely running into a known bug which I have linked below;

https://tools.cisco.com/bugsearch/bug/CSCty04686/?reffering_site=dumpcr

To help me verify if this is the bug on your Fabric Interconnect and upstream switch could you run the following command;

Show wwn switch

If your output is the following then as the bug states you will be running into it;

xx:xx:00:2a:6a:xx:xx:xx

OR

xx:xx:8c:60:4f:xx:xx:xx

The work around for this is to update your MDS or N5K switch. This bug is due to the fact that the upstream switch does not recognize the MAC OUI codes of the Fabric Interconnects. Since SAN Port-Channels is a Cisco proprietary technology it needs to be able to recognize this for it to function properly. Once you upgrade your upstream switch the port-channel should continue to function normally.

Best Regards,

Qiese Dides

jibber.mark1
Level 1
Level 1

Thanks Qiese. That did the trick.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card