Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

UCS Server Alerts

Hello,

When I know I am going to reboot a blade for maintenance purpose, can we stop the call home/alert from going out? Please let me know.

Thank you!

Best regards,

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

I see your need more clearly now.

You can use the fault suppression feature

Configuring Fault Suppression for a Server

Configuring Fault Suppression Tasks for a Blade Server

Procedure
    Step 1   In the Navigation pane, click the Equipment tab.
    Step 2   On the Equipment tab, expand Equipment > Chassis > Chassis Number > Servers.
    Step 3   Click the server for which you want to create a fault suppression task.
    Step 4   In the Work pane, click the General tab.
    Step 5   In the Actions area, click Start Fault Suppression.
    Tip   

To configure fault suppression tasks for multiple blade servers, use the Ctrl key to select multiple blade servers in the Navigation pane. Right-click one of the selected servers and choose Start Fault Suppression.

Step 6   In the Start Fault Suppression dialog box, complete the following fields:

Name field

The name of the fault suppression task.

This name can be between 1 and 16 alphanumeric characters. You cannot use spaces or any special characters other than - (hyphen), _ (underscore), : (colon), and . (period), and you cannot change this name after the object has been saved.

Select Fixed Time Interval/Schedulefield

When the fault suppression task will run. This can be one of the following:

• Fixed Time Interval—Choose this option to specify the start time and duration for the fault suppression task.

Specify the day and time the fault suppression task should start in the Start Time field. Click the down arrow at the end of this field to select the start time from a pop-up calendar.

Specify the length of time this task should run in the Task Duration field. To specify that this task should run until it is manually stopped, enter 00:00:00:00 in this field.

• Schedule—Choose this option to configure the start time and duration using a pre-defined schedule.

Choose the schedule from the Schedule drop-down list. To create a new schedule, click Create Schedule.

Policy drop-down list

The following suppression policy is selected by default:

• default-server-maint—Suppresses faults for blade servers and/or rack servers.

Step 7   Click OK.

Cisco UCS Manager GUI Configuration Guide

-Majid

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Mohammed Majid Hussain
    Cisco Employee
    Cisco Employee

Yes you can, by disabling call home 

Disabling Call Home

Procedure
      Step 1   In the Navigation pane, click the Admin tab.
      Step 2   On the Admin tab, expand All > Communication Management > Call Home.
      Step 3   In the Work pane, click the General tab.
      Step 4   In the Admin area, click off in the State field.
      Note   

If this field is set to off, Cisco UCS Manager hides the rest of the fields on this tab.

Step 5   Click Save Changes.

Reference: 

I don't want to disable the call home for the entire system, I want to disable the callhome/alert only for the blade which I know I am rebooting for a purpose (which everyone is aware)

Thanks!

I see your need more clearly now.

You can use the fault suppression feature

Configuring Fault Suppression for a Server

Configuring Fault Suppression Tasks for a Blade Server

Procedure
        Step 1   In the Navigation pane, click the Equipment tab.
        Step 2   On the Equipment tab, expand Equipment > Chassis > Chassis Number > Servers.
        Step 3   Click the server for which you want to create a fault suppression task.
        Step 4   In the Work pane, click the General tab.
        Step 5   In the Actions area, click Start Fault Suppression.
        Tip   

To configure fault suppression tasks for multiple blade servers, use the Ctrl key to select multiple blade servers in the Navigation pane. Right-click one of the selected servers and choose Start Fault Suppression.

Step 6   In the Start Fault Suppression dialog box, complete the following fields:

Name field

The name of the fault suppression task.

This name can be between 1 and 16 alphanumeric characters. You cannot use spaces or any special characters other than - (hyphen), _ (underscore), : (colon), and . (period), and you cannot change this name after the object has been saved.

Select Fixed Time Interval/Schedulefield

When the fault suppression task will run. This can be one of the following:

• Fixed Time Interval—Choose this option to specify the start time and duration for the fault suppression task.

Specify the day and time the fault suppression task should start in the Start Time field. Click the down arrow at the end of this field to select the start time from a pop-up calendar.

Specify the length of time this task should run in the Task Duration field. To specify that this task should run until it is manually stopped, enter 00:00:00:00 in this field.

• Schedule—Choose this option to configure the start time and duration using a pre-defined schedule.

Choose the schedule from the Schedule drop-down list. To create a new schedule, click Create Schedule.

Policy drop-down list

The following suppression policy is selected by default:

• default-server-maint—Suppresses faults for blade servers and/or rack servers.

Step 7   Click OK.

-Majid

Thank you and I am going to try it out tomorrow. 

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card