Views
Helpful
Replies

UCS - Storage topology

CiscoNovice011
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I will try to keep this short, I'm working with UCS and connection to storage array. The storage array does not have FC adaptor. The way the previous administration connected the storage was two racks over though two switches. My two questions are, since the storage does not have FC, would iSCSI be my best option? 

Also, should I advice that we move the storage to the rack with the chassis, FI and MDS? would having it connected in it's current configurations cause latency issues, and increase network traffic unnecessarily?

Thank you 

1 Reply 1

Wes Austin
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

If the array does not support FC and you only have network, then iSCSI is definitely an option. 

I do not know what your current rack configuration is for storage, so would be hard to suggest an alternative option. The design of the rack would depend on your power, cooling, space, etc in your environment. Just generally having devices in separate racks does not introduce latency. 

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: