Views
Helpful
Replies

Where i can get a Cisco VMware Vsphere ESXi 4.1 update 1 installable media

berwin_kan
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

can someone from cisco tell me how to get cisco vmware vsphere ESXi 4.1 update 1 that was certified by Cisco ?

because the last release from the vmware website still 4.1 without update 1.

http://downloads.vmware.com/d/details/esxi41_cisco_oem_iso/ZHcqYnRkdHdiZCpwcA==

Thanks.

Berwin H.

9 Replies 9

abbharga
Level 4
Level 4

Hi Berwin,

Since the update for the ESXi 4.1 U1 is avaiable we do not have a custom image for it.

You can use the custom image for ESXi 4.1 to install and then the vmware 4.1 U1 patch to upgrade to U1.

Hope this helps.

./Abhinav

Hi abbharga,

The way that you told me is replacing the VMware ESXi 4.1 Installable Cisco Customized ISO Image with general VMware ESXi 4.1 Installable Update 1, I want the official VMware ESXi 4.1 Update 1 Installable Cisco Customized ISO Image.

Thanks.

Berwin H

Roman Rodichev
Level 7
Level 7

torrent it

lol, why one point? it's a free software some folks don't understand the concept of torrents and automatically associate it with pirating, sad

berwin_kan
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Roman,

My customer datacenter is vblok environment and running vmware 4.1, but on vmware level i see a differrent sensor on each blade even there on same series (b440, b250, and b200). from vmware expert guy told me that i should asking cisco to get vmware vsphere 4.1 U1 that was certified by cisco. i need upgrade 4.1 to 4.1 U1 to run SAP on vmware.

thanks.

Berwin H

are you running vCenter? You can upgrade using update manager (VUM), it will pull U1 from vmware site automatically.

yes, i running vcenter 4.1, and you just say the way that i will upgrade to vmware 4.1 U1.

my vmware expert guy say that the differrent sensor issue maybe will be solved if updating from cisco customize vmware 4.1 U1 source.

i just thought that cisco costumize vmware 4.1 U1 are ready release on cisco internal but still not get publish.

Is the Cisco Customized ISO published yet?

Sorry for any spelling errors:

What is working well for us, is to always get the latest ESX(i) release from vmware, apply all patches and then make sure to install the newest drivers for Cisco fnic (hba) and enic (lan) that can be found on the vmware site.

During our first UCS upgrade (we did not have installed the Cisco drivers) we experienced some issues. A lot of our VMs lost connectivity to storage for about 2-3 minutes during the reboot of the primary FI. After opening a support request at vmware and Cisco, vmware sent us a newer fnic driver, as the standard driver included in the ESX iso did not handle hba failover very well.

Since that upgrade we always keep up to date the enic and fnic drivers for Cisco UCS. They can be found on the VMWare ESX download site.

Newer drivers are also available on the Cisco UCS driver CD, but those are not yet signed by vmware, so it may be a better idea to use those tested by vmware.

Since we are handling ESX updates like this, every UCS upgrade and everything else worked like a charm and my pulse during upgrades got divided by 2

BTW: Also with other server manufacturers we could have saved us a lot of trouble if we simply had upgraded adapter drivers earlier.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card