Replies

zonning active on UCS but VMware could not see the SAN storage

Amr Hafez
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

I have 5 blades B200M4 and all blades has active zoneset on fabric interconnect

all servers virtualized with vSphere ESXi 

all servers see the storage except one of them, we try to scan the storage but could not although the zoneset is active

any opinion?

5 Replies 5

Kirk J
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Greetings.

Are you in FC switching mode?  Is your storage direct attached to the FIs?

Please run the following on each FI:

#connect nxos

#show flogi database vsan vsan ID

If you are in end host mode for FC run:

#connect nxos

#show npv flogi-table

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/servers-unified-computing/ucs-infrastructure-ucs-manager-software/116082-config-ucs-das-00.html

If your initiators appear to be flogi'd in correctly,, then you'll want to recheck your storage permissions/masking where you assign/allow initiator wwpns to access the luns/storage groups.

Thanks,

Kirk...

yes FC switching mode

yes direct connect Netapp FAS 2552 to FI

we solve it, it's storage issue

Your output appears to show 5 initiators, and the storage target successfully flogi'd in.

For the problem server, you will want to review the storage group/lun permissions on the Storage admin app, and make sure there are no typos for the permissions where you have assigned the initiator's wwpn to the storage group/LUN.

Thanks,

Kirk

Hello,

I agree with Kirk, everything is logging in correctly. I would ensure you have the correct LUN masking setup on the storage array. Check the ports and make sure they are all allowed to access the correct zones.

HTH,

Wes

thank you Kirk

thank you Wesley

it's storage issue, the LUN not masking and the server removed from the initiator group

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card