cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

2.02 Bug ?? Deleted vlans showing up on vNICs

DAVE GENTON
Level 2
Level 2

Since 2.0.2 has come out I have experianced an issue at each install in which deleted vlans (from global database) are still showing up in the vNIC templates and therefore the vNICs of all hosts.   When vlan is deleted, it is removed from vnic template as active however it still remains live until under the template, vnic interfaces tab, I manually delete the old non existing vlans.  Anyone seen this ??

dave

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

abbharga
Level 4
Level 4

Hi Dave,

I just did a quick test on my system and i see the  same behaviour on 2.0.1 2.0.2 versions. i looked at the vnic running  config and see the vlan still allowed on the interface as well.

I'll looks for any known bugs or will file one.

Thanks!

Abhinav

View solution in original post

Hi dave,

We do already have a bug under which this behaviour is being tracked:

Here is the bug:

CSCtx65534    VLAN deletion creates orphan in service profile and traffic interuption

http://tools.cisco.com/Support/BugToolKit/search/getBugDetails.do?method=fetchBugDetails&bugId=CSCtx65534

A side note:

this behaviour is not coming from UCS but rather coming from NXOS. we did a quick test on n5k (running nxos) and saw the same behaviour.

Thanks!

./abhinav

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

abbharga
Level 4
Level 4

Hi Dave,

I just did a quick test on my system and i see the  same behaviour on 2.0.1 2.0.2 versions. i looked at the vnic running  config and see the vlan still allowed on the interface as well.

I'll looks for any known bugs or will file one.

Thanks!

Abhinav

Hi dave,

We do already have a bug under which this behaviour is being tracked:

Here is the bug:

CSCtx65534    VLAN deletion creates orphan in service profile and traffic interuption

http://tools.cisco.com/Support/BugToolKit/search/getBugDetails.do?method=fetchBugDetails&bugId=CSCtx65534

A side note:

this behaviour is not coming from UCS but rather coming from NXOS. we did a quick test on n5k (running nxos) and saw the same behaviour.

Thanks!

./abhinav

Thanks !!  Great information and glad to have it.  Will relay bug id to customer and co-workers.

Dave

Is there a 2nd bug id for NX-OS side ?  Looking for affected versions of NX-OS and dont see it on there, can you advise please since I do UCS and Nexus data center route / switch products ??

thanks

dave

Hi Dave,

I do not have the bug for the nxos but there are some discussions internally with the nxos team as well.

Thanks!

abhinav

Has this been resolved in 2.1(1a)? Looks like it from the release notes.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/unified_computing/ucs/release/notes/UCS_28313.html#wp16952

Peter,

Yes I've confirmed this bug shows as resolved in our internal bug tracking in 2.1

Regards,

Robert

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card