cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

4 ports as FC uplink per FI. But only one port is sending all the vHBA WWPNS address?

I have four portis configures as FC uplink per FI and FI woking in end host mode.

I have 24 blades with two vHBA's. vHBA0 and vHBA1.

24 WWPN address are registered on SAN uplink from only 1 FC uplink.

Same case in the other brocade.

Which is something we dont want.

All the FC uplink ports must be used.

We have borcade. Was adviced not to use port channel.

I can manually create pin groups and balance the load. But make create many vHBA template and tedious work.

Any other work around ?

Please help.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Tom MacDonald
Level 1
Level 1

1) You can only use FC Port channels when connecting to Cisco MDS and or Nexus for FC traffic.

2) On each FI run the following command:

(nxos)# show npv flogi-table

You should see the WWPNs logging into the FIs, if not you have issues downstream with your vHBA configs.

Ensure vHBA0 is mapped to FI-A and vHBA1 is mapped to FI-B and the proper vSAN is assigned to the vHBAs. Also ensure the FC connections are not crossed from the FIs to the Brocades.

vHBA templates makes deployments very simple and consistent.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Tom MacDonald
Level 1
Level 1

1) You can only use FC Port channels when connecting to Cisco MDS and or Nexus for FC traffic.

2) On each FI run the following command:

(nxos)# show npv flogi-table

You should see the WWPNs logging into the FIs, if not you have issues downstream with your vHBA configs.

Ensure vHBA0 is mapped to FI-A and vHBA1 is mapped to FI-B and the proper vSAN is assigned to the vHBAs. Also ensure the FC connections are not crossed from the FIs to the Brocades.

vHBA templates makes deployments very simple and consistent.

Thanks for the information, Mike.

Show NPV flogi works..

Let's work it this way . I have FI - A and FI - B. Brocade A and Brocade B. FI - A is conencted to Brocade A(4 ports) and FI - B is conencted to Brocade B(4 ports).

My problem is on Brocade A and Brocade B ... only one port out of 4 ports per FI are sending the hba WWPN addresses.

Other three port is not used at all. Similar both the sides.

Customers want all the ports to be used for equal bandwidth distribution.

This must indeed be a trivial problem; can you please post "show npv status" and "show interface brief"

- FC port mode

- FC port not in proper VSAN

- Port on Brocade not in NPIV mode (Access Gateway mode)

- physical problem: SFP, cable,......

Hi Wdey..

The problwm got resolved. I restarted all the servers and the round robin kicked in. Now, all the FC uplinks are used to send the NPIV request.

Thanks for the response.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card