Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

6248 FI connectivity

Hi I am trying to setup the FI 6248 .After I configured the FI IP's and the Virtual IP.

I am able to access the UCS manager .But when I do "Show  Cluster State "  it says HA not ready and No device conected to this FI.

I checked and made sure L1 to L1 is connected L2 to L2 is connected and chnaged the cables but still face te same issue.

UCS01-A# show cluster state

Cluster Id: 0xd425c77a752f11e1-0x9eda547fee7429e4

A: UP, PRIMARY

B: UP, SUBORDINATE

HA NOT READY

No device connected to this Fabric Interconnect

UCS01-A#

Can anyone help me wiht this please.

Thanks

Sri

3 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Jeremy Waldrop
Level 4
Level 4

If you don't have any chassis connected then HA will not be ready. Configure the interfaces going to your chassis as server to discover the chassis.

View solution in original post

Srinivas,

in the kind of connectivity you have it will not work. if you have the laptop conencted direclt to the mgmt port of an FI only yhr mgmt Ip of that FI will respond not the other FI. The primary FI responds to the VIP IP as well.

For you to reach all the three IP from your laptop you need to have a common layer 2 connectivity between both the FI and you end device (laptop in this case).

./Abhinav

yes that should help you.

11 Replies 11

Jeremy Waldrop
Level 4
Level 4

If you don't have any chassis connected then HA will not be ready. Configure the interfaces going to your chassis as server to discover the chassis.

Ok yes I did not connect the chasis yet  .I will connect the Chasis and keep you posted.

But thank you so much this is my first time using cisco blogs appreciate your prompt replay.

I would also Like to know is there a KB search for cisco to look into if we have issues like VMware does.

Sri,

Welcome to UCS support forums.

Here is the link for UCS documentation root.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/ps10265/index.html

Padma

Hi Guys,

The HA error went away and I see HA ready.

But when I do a failover and try to login to VIP or  Fab B , I get an error "UCSM not avalible on secodary node"

I can not ping the VIP or Fab B ip after the move.

But when I connect the serial cable to FAB B and move the cluster lead to FAB A things work normal.

Please advice.

Thanks

Sri

from a console session type "connect local-mgmt" and then type "show cluster state"

UCS01-A# connect local-mgmt

UCS01-A(local-mgmt)# show cluster state

Cluster Id: 0xd425c77a752f11e1-0x9eda547fee7429e4

A: UP, PRIMARY

B: UP, SUBORDINATE

HA READY

UCS01-A(local-mgmt)# ping 10.45.40.98

PING 10.45.40.98 (10.40.40.98) from 10.45.40.99 : 56(84) bytes of data.

From 10.45.40.99 icmp_seq=1 Destination Host Unreachable

From 10.45.40.99 icmp_seq=2 Destination Host Unreachable

From 10.45.40.99 icmp_seq=3 Destination Host Unreachable

--- 10.45.40.98 ping statistics ---

5 packets transmitted, 0 received, +3 errors, 100% packet loss, time 4023ms

, pipe 3

I have changed the cables but not luck.

Also I do not have network connectivity yet to my FI's ,I connected L1 to L1 and L2 to L2 ,configure my laptop to same subnet and using one of the mangement console port to access UCS.

When I do a ping test  one FI A reponds and FI B does not.Vip which is on FI A also reponds since this is on FI A.

If I move it to FI B.The VIP also would not respond.

any help on this would be appreciated

Thank You

Sri

Srinivas,

in the kind of connectivity you have it will not work. if you have the laptop conencted direclt to the mgmt port of an FI only yhr mgmt Ip of that FI will respond not the other FI. The primary FI responds to the VIP IP as well.

For you to reach all the three IP from your laptop you need to have a common layer 2 connectivity between both the FI and you end device (laptop in this case).

./Abhinav

Thanks Abhiav that made sense.

So if I use  a Layer 2 switch that should help right for the commnication.

yes that should help you.

Owesome thanks Abhinav

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card