Views
Helpful
Replies

6248UP revision differences?

DRAGONKZ
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I’m looking at purchasing 2 x 6248UP FICs to run in my home lab but are seeing some differences in second hand units for sale.

The most notable difference seems to be a redesign of the fan try with a V02 revision. (Plastic handle, and grille mesh is recessed, plastic shrouds for the fans...etc, versus V1 which has a metal style handle, non recessed grille, and metal fan shroud).

Is there any real world benefits to getting a later 6248UP chassis or one with the revised V02 fan tray? 

Is the V02 design fan tray quieter...etc?

Thanks!

2 Replies 2

alfedeli
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

There are no real differences in the performance / behavior between the versions. The actual fans inside are still the same part number, the sled they are mounted in was just tweaked. The V02 does have better ducting. However, I wouldn't expect to see any differences in a small environment, especially in a homelab. 

I’ve got one of each version now so will post comments once I’ve had time to set both up.

Initial impressions are that the v02 units and noticeably quieter, which makes a big difference in a non-data centre use scenario :)

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card