Views
Helpful
Replies

After crash - CIMC unable to inventory.

joelconary
Level 1
Level 1

Hi folks,

I experienced a UPS failure which dropped one of my C210 M2's. It came back up fine, ESXi fired right up and it's successfully hosting several VM's so everything appears to be technically operational. However, in the CIMC my inventory screen is coming up blank. Nothing shows on the CPU, Memory, or Network Adapters tabs. Power Supplies and Storage appear to display correctly. PCI Adapters gives the following notice: "Error: Operation failed" in a pop-up window.

Is there a way for me to force the CIMC to repopulate my inventory. Is the fact that it's blank an indication of damage?

Thanks in advance for any help anyone can offer.

6 Replies 6

padramas
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Joel,

Is the behavior same when you access CIMC web page from different PCs / web browsers ?

SSH into CIMC and try if it reports correctly via CLI

scope chassis

show detail

show cpu detail

show pci-adapter detail

HTH

Padma

Hi Padramas,

I get the same behavior through SSH and the command line. I've attached a screenshot of the results (pardon the mistakes - I was dictating commands to a colleague). In addition to this step I've also completely powered down the system, removed the PSU's, reset the CMOS battery, and reflashed the CIMC firmware and BIOS. No change in results so far.

Thanks for your continued time and help.

Joel,

Please open a TAC service request as we need more information.

Steps to collect show tech log bundle

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/ps10493/products_configuration_example09186a0080b10d5e.shtml#offline

FYI :-  If you choose to, you can open SR from this discussion thread

https://supportforums.cisco.com/docs/DOC-13613

HTH

Padma

Padramas,

I've opened a TAC service request and attached the CIMC technical support data export. Thank you again for your assistance.

Andries Lategan
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Joel,

Did you get a resolution to this? We are seeing a very similar issue at the moment.

Regards,

Andries

Hi Andries,

Sorry, I meant to update this but hadn't gotten around to it. Yes it was resolved, but unfortunately it required replacing the chassis. After opening a TAC request a field engineer came out and swapped a new chassis for us.

Best of luck.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card