Views
Helpful
Replies

Associate error - "Server features are not compatible with UCS underneath"

rsobey001
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

I'm trying to associate a GSP with a UCS domain but getting the following error. On the General tab:

There are not enough resources overall.
ucs domain does not have the matching server capabilities for this service-profile.

And on the Status tab:

Stage descriptor: Analyzing changes impact(FSM-STAGE:sam:dme:LsServerConfigure:AnalyzeImpact)

Tries: 0

Previous state: ConfigureFail

Remote Err Code: 5

Remote Err Description: Server features are not compatible with UCS underneath.

Remote Inv Result: resource-unavailable

The UCS domain I'm associating this GSP with is an existing domain I've just registered with UCS Central. I have successfully created and associated a GSP with a greenfield UCS domain in another datacentre.

Both domains are running UCSM 2.2(6d). UCS Central is 1.4(1a).

I found a bug which suggests this might be due to the presence of a Boot Policy, but the workaround (remove the boot policy) does not work in this case.

So, does anyone know what could be going on here?

Thanks

Richard

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

yok
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Richard, 

Please check the following bug: CSCuy07572

You can use the global default and should work completely fine.

You can choose the required version over here.

Non default policy will have an issue.

Thanks, 

Yoga

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

rsobey001
Level 1
Level 1

I have resolved this to my dissatisfaction by removing the host f/w pack I created. The profile is now associating.

Which begs the question, how do I properly create a host f/w pack and upgrade the f/w on the blade? It works quite differently to how I'm used to doing it in UCSM.

Hi Richard,

I'm glad you solved it. This is a really good guide that gives you step by step instructions on how to do this within UCS Central.

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/unified_computing/ucs/sw/firmware-mgmt/gui/2-2/b_GUI_Firmware_Management_22/b_GUI_Firmware_Management_22_chapter_01101.pdf

Regards,

Qiese,

Thanks for the guide. Unfortunately it's not quite accurate and I'm still stuck on three things:

1) I followed the steps for "Creating a Host Firmware Package" successfully. But on "Deploying a Host Firmware Package", in Step 4, nothing shows up. Tried a different browser (Chrome and IE).

2) Even if it does show up, this looks like it will start upgrading ALL the blades in the UCS Domains, which is not desirable.

3) If I simply proceed to select Install Servers, there are no Impacted Endpoints. I have chosen my FW policy in the GSP "Policies" section. If I look through UCSM, the GSP Policies tab for Firmware Policies remains on "Select (default policy used by default)".

Cheers

Richard

Hi Qiese

Do you have any update on this please?

Thanks

Richard

yok
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Richard, 

Please check the following bug: CSCuy07572

You can use the global default and should work completely fine.

You can choose the required version over here.

Non default policy will have an issue.

Thanks, 

Yoga

Qiese Dides
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Richard,

So I see you saw the Boot Policy bug but since you removed it the error still persists. Is this service profile apart of a server pool? If the blade you are trying to associate is not in that pool then this error would possible occur.

Can you also try to create a new service profile without the boot policy and see if that will associate.

Regards,

Qiese Dides

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card