Views
Helpful
Replies

B-200 M1 with vSphere 5.1

dani_bosch
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I've seen (both from cisco.com and from vmware.com) there's no support for vSphere 5.1 in blades B-200 M1...and I wonder whether that info is accurate...as I would find it unacceptable from the point of view of customers with B-200M1 implemented...

Thanks a lot,

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

The B200 M1, B230 M1 and B440 M1 have since been added to the compatibility matrix for UCSM 2.0(5) & vSphere 5.1.   The RPQ process will no longer be necessary.

We do listen and respond to customer concerns Dani, and we appreciate the feedback!

Regards,

Robert

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Robert Burns
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Dani,

The docs are correct.  B200 M1's are not supported with vSphere 5.1.  It may work, but will not be supported by VMware or TAC.

Regards,

Robert

Robert, what's the explanation for that?? I've seen both IBM and HP (G6 generation) support vSphere 5.1 in their old Xeon 5500 platforms...I don't know how to tell my customers that their 2.5 year-old blade is not valid for newest VMware...

There's a RPQ process to qualify support version on a need by need basis for versions that roll off the support list.  The B200 M1 was announced EOL in Oct, 2010.

Let me look into this further and get back to you.

Regards,

Robert

Robert,

Do you have any news on this?

By the way, you mentioned an RPQ process....do you mean an RPQ from VMware or an RPQ from CISCO?

Thanks,

So far, the BU's stance is it is unsupported at this point.  The RPQ process would be from Cisco. 

If anything changes I'll update this thread.

Robert

The B200 M1, B230 M1 and B440 M1 have since been added to the compatibility matrix for UCSM 2.0(5) & vSphere 5.1.   The RPQ process will no longer be necessary.

We do listen and respond to customer concerns Dani, and we appreciate the feedback!

Regards,

Robert

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: