cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

B-Series and C-Series package versions are empty in default host firmware package.

After upgrading the our infrastructure from 2.1.3g to 2.2.3e, I was left with a minor alert - B-Series and C-Series package versions are empty in default host firmware package. I searched but was unable to find a fix. Anyone have a fix for this error? I thought that I would present to the forum before opening a support case.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

I would be careful when populating a empty default HFP ! why ? if you have any SP without a HFP, the default HFP will be taken (the default is the default HFP), and if non empty, the blade will have to reboot ! I assume you have a management policy with ACK in place and avoid a problem.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Abhishek Gupta
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Daniel,

You can try deleting default FW package and rebuilt with current FW included i.e. add the FW packages to the default FW Packages Policy to clear error.

Let me know if it helps.

Regards,

Abhishek

I would be careful when populating a empty default HFP ! why ? if you have any SP without a HFP, the default HFP will be taken (the default is the default HFP), and if non empty, the blade will have to reboot ! I assume you have a management policy with ACK in place and avoid a problem.

nguyenc02
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Daniel,

We just updated to 2.2.5(a) and I'm seeing the same issue, I was wondering if you had found a resolution to it?

Thanks

If you use autoinstall servers, you are asked which HFP's should be updated; you can/should include  default HFP as well; if you don't do it, you see this message ! Health warning (see my post below) applies however.

If you don't use autoinstall, just modify the default HFP, and load it with the version you are using.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card