Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

B-Series KVM Port Setting

Hello Team,

Is it possible to change the KVM Port for UCS B-Series servers?

I used WireShark to verify that KVM Access for B-Series uses the same default port as UCS C-Series (2068).  I found instructions regarding changing the KVM port for C-Series.  However, I could not find any documentation on changing this value for B-Series.

From the UCS CLI, i tried searching local-mgmt commands as well scoping to the system, fabric interconnects, and individual blade servers, but I still could not find anything.

Thank you,

Trevor

====================================================================================== If my answers have been helpful in any way, please rate accordingly. Check out my blog for useful vSphere & UCS tips: www.vmtrooper.com
1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Robert Burns
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Trevor,

Since the KVM is NAT'd through the management interface of the FIs, we do not allow the port to be changed on B-Series.

Regards,

Robert

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Robert Burns
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Trevor,

Since the KVM is NAT'd through the management interface of the FIs, we do not allow the port to be changed on B-Series.

Regards,

Robert

Thank you Robert,

That makes sense from the perspective of preventing per-blade changes.

However, if we ever run into customers that insist on changing any and all default ports, will there be a consideration for allowing a system-wide change (perhaps within connect local-mgmt) to change the 2068 value for all blades?

Regards,

Trevor

====================================================================================== If my answers have been helpful in any way, please rate accordingly. Check out my blog for useful vSphere & UCS tips: www.vmtrooper.com

Here's a list of externally exsposed ports used in the system:

HTTP—By default, TCP port 80

HTTPS—By default, TCP port 443

FTP—By default, TCP port 21

TFTP—By default, UDP port 69

SSH/SFTP/SCP—By default, TCP port 22

SNMP—By default, UDP port 161. 162

SMTP—By default, TCP port 25

DNS—By default, UDP port 53

IPMI—By default, UDP port 623

SoL—By default, TCP port 22

KVM—By default, TCP port 2068

There may be other internal ports used, but the user will used by the system only.   If this is an important request for your customer I would suggest you go through your local Cisco account team and ask for this feature.  Coming through the account team the request will have more weight.

Regards,

Robert

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: