cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

B200 M3 blade & Windows 2012 Server

skumar286
Level 1
Level 1

Does any has been able to install Windows server 2012 On a B200 M3 blade running 2204XP As fex with VIC 1240 card installed in blade.

I am running 2.0(4b) On B 200 M 3 blades & while trying to install Windows 2012 . It installed succesfully since i am using local disk's But it;s not picking up HBA and NIC drivers . The support Bundle under download link on cisco;s website is missing the drivers for 1240 . It has for 1280 and MK811 KR & Mlom. Just cruious does Cisco supports intallation of Windows 2012 on B200 M3 blade with VIC 1240 adapters. I downloaded whole of 1.0 GB Iso containing Driver Only to see the VIC 1240 Drivers missing from the ISO .

Docuemtation On below link says " it;s Not supported "

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/unified_computing/ucs/interoperability/matrix/r_hcl_B_rel2.04.pdf

Page no 53 Point no 14 under notes.

Regards

Sushil

7 Replies 7

padramas
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello Sushil,

UCSM 2.0.4b is not tested for W2K12 and so it is not qualified for support.

However, W2K12 will be able to install  on B200 M3 + VIC 1240 hardware and once you upgrade UCSM + firmware, you will be in supported config scenario.

VIC 1240 is also known as MLOM. You can install drivers published under MLOM folder.

HTH

Padma

HI

Thanks Padma . excellent to see you active here as well.. it;s been quite some time now . I have opened a Support request as well with you guys as 626787149 .

So what;s the Supported UCSM Firmware version for the  VIC 1240 to Work with windows 2012 ?? .we are running 2.0 (4b ) at the moment .

will appreciate if you could post the relevant official link here and the nearest supported firmware for it to work & yes, I can see Drivers for Mlom in that downloaded ISO. Has downloaded t twice thinking that 1240 is supported.

Regards

Sushil

Hello Sushil,

I just checked HCL and Windows 2012 is supported in UCSM 2.0.4 release .

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/ps10477/prod_technical_reference_list.html

http://www.cisco.com/web/techdoc/ucs/interoperability/matrix/matrix.html

Recommended driver version are

FNIC ( HBA )  2.2.0.9

ENIC ( NIC )   2.2.0.8

MLOM is aka VIC 1240. You should be able to install the drivers under MLOM folder.

Padma

That;s the Problem. The windows 2012 Drivers i just downloaded do have those MLOM drivers but it;s not picking up those drivers . Hence I delved into compatibility stuff. If you check the PDF link on forst post , and read into Notes, Point no 14 mentions below

The
2104XP
fabric
extender
is
not
compatible
when
the
and
or
and
VIC
Port
Expander
are
combined
on
the
same
blade.
Applies
to
B22
M3
and
B200
M3
as
well
as
B420
with
and
adapter
slot
populated

You mentioned 2204 as IOM model in the initial post.

That note applies only when you have 2104 IOM + MLOM ( VIC 1240 ) + 1280 or Port expander in mezz slot.

If the blade has just VIC 1240 ( MLOM ) , it is not an issue.

Please make sure you install the drivers from Device manager.

Correct, I have 2204 IOM + VIC 1240 . is there any way i can find out that Mezz slot has Port expander via UCSM ??

Don;t have physical access to blade at the moment .

I am trying to install drivers via device manager only ....

So finally, I was able to get correct drivers and make them work. Strange that i could not find them publicly.  Attaching the drivers Below

Thanks for the Help Padma . It;s becuase of people like you that i always receive excellent support.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: