cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

B200 M5 not mapping devices

Redmond217
Level 1
Level 1

Good morning! I am fairly new to Cisco UCS, so any help you can provide would be much appreciated. I have some B200 M5 blades here where I am trying to map the diagnostics image in order to test the blades for a customer.  After successfully mapping the image, all of the blades do not see the image when the server reboots and I press F6.  Any idea why this is?  Do I need to change the boot order policy? If so, can someone provide a walk through on how to do that.  Again, any information is much appreciated. Thanks in advance!

8 Replies 8

Wes Austin
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Can you post what your boot order looks like? Typically you will need to add CD/DVD if you want to boot an ISO.

See below.

pic2.jpgpic1.jpg

Any ideas?

Screen Shot 2019-12-04 at 8.37.20 PM.png

Choose 'Local Devices' > Add 'CD/DVD'

When the server boots, press F6 and choose "Cisco KVM Mapped CD/DVD"

I do do that, but the mapped device does not appear.  See pics below.  This only happens with all the B200 M5 blades.  If I put an M4 in the chassis, I can map the diagnostics and run it with no problem. 

pic3.jpgpic4.jpg

Your screen capture boot order has "CIMC mounted CD/DVD"

Can you test with just "CD/DVD"?

I've changed it to the below, and still can not test. 

pic5.jpg

Try “Remote CD/DVD” instead.

Open the KVM, Mount the ISO via virtual media DVD, power on the server/profile, and it should boot straight to the mounted ISO.

I just used the above to install ESXi on my M4s without hassle, and no need to press F6 during POST.

My boot order is remote CD/DCD 1 then SD card 2.

NB - If you haven’t mounted virtual media and mapped an ISO “remote CD/DVD” won’t do anything boot wise

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card