Views
Helpful
Replies

B200M3 KVM Problem

AP83332
Level 1
Level 1

Hi everyone,

I have a UCS 5108 with FI (2 in cluster) 62xx. The UCS is composed with 4 blades B200M3 and 4 Blades B200M4. The 4 Blades B200M4 work without problem, the another 4 blades M3 have plenty of problem, I can't reach them in KVM (I use a static outbound), the blade are all pingable, but if I can try to reach in KVM the B200M3 the tab in browser to close instantly.

UCSM ver. 4.1. I checked the browser settings, I used all types of browsers and also different PC / Mac, but the result is the same. I reach the M4 without problems in kvm, but the M3 suddenly closes without establishing a connection. I don't know what to check anymore.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

That is my suspicion (the CIMC hosts the vKVM capabilities), since the earlier 3.x versions did both java and HTML, and the 4.1 versions of UCSM only do HTML.

Kirk...

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Kirk J
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Greetings.

Please confirm if you are using Inband or out of band.

Since 4.1 doesn't support Java KVM anymore, can you confirm you have upgraded your blade/B-series firmware also to a matching 4.1 version?

Kirk...

I'm using outband. The B200M3 bios version is 3.2.2.0.. So the problem was the bios version of the M3 Blade ? I will provide the upgrade and try again.

I will give you feedback

thanks!

That is my suspicion (the CIMC hosts the vKVM capabilities), since the earlier 3.x versions did both java and HTML, and the 4.1 versions of UCSM only do HTML.

Kirk...

With the firmware update of the cimc controller I solved the problem. Thank you!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card