cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

B230 M2 stuck when upgrading FW from 3.1.3j to 3.2.3k

nikthatte
Level 1
Level 1

We still have some B230 M2s in our domain which we recently upgraded to 3.2.3k. These B230 M2s have VIC 1280 which is supported on this FW version according to the HCL. I associated the Host Firmware Policy with the service profile and this blade gets stuck halfway through at 48% on step# 42.

It just says status fail:

Associate Pnu OS (This is what the step is named)

Identify pre-boot environment agent (This is the description)

Anyone ever had to deal with this for a B series blade? My other blades have upgraded without any issues. I have seen this before during discovery sometimes when I first connect a C-series server. I think they basically say to decommision the server and then reconnect to force discovery.

Right now it is just cycling through the steps over and over again. Any suggestions on how to resolve this?

4 Replies 4

josoneal
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee
Hello Nikthatte,
Can you confirm that the bios has been upgraded and activated successfully?

-Josh

BIOS is still the older version actually. Should I just roll it back in the service profile and then have it go through again?

Try removing the Host Firmware Package and manually upgrade the BIOs

I ended up opening a TAC case and they determined the BIOS was corrupted and need to RMA the blade.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card