Unified Computing System Discussions

Engage with peers and experts on UCS and HyperFlex topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Cisco UCS X-Series Energy Efficiency Offer

Forum Posts

Good day, We have a few C460 M4s that have an ungodly amount of RAM in them (512 GB).  Booting these servers can take up to 10 minutes while it configures and tests the memory.  Is there a way we could speed that up or are we stuck waiting?   Thank...

Dears attached is the report for the Hyperflex sizer in which the requirement for usable storage is 20 TB and i am getting those but i m surprise from the available core is only 90 hence the i have selected 18 Core  * 2 socket processor = 36 Core  an...

adamgibs7 by Level 6
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi folksWe have a bunch of C240 M5 servers with the inbuilt Cisco 12G Modular Raid Controller with 4GB cache (max 26 drives) (MRAID, is there a download link to install and manage the raid sets within the operating system.  Is it the LSI Mega Raid co...

We have Fabric A and fabric b  each FI has 2 x 8 Gbps - these are NOT connected via Port-channel  We have concerns that these links may becoming saturated.  How can i verify this from UCS manger? is it do-able or do i need to look at the SAN switchin...

nflnetwork by Level 1
  • 11 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Will upgrading bundle A and B to 4.0(4d) while our current bundle B is on 3.1(2b) instead of the listed "Minimum Software Version" of 3.1(3a) on the Release Notes for Cisco UCS Manager, Release 4.0 cause an issue during the interim of the upgrade? Or...

VaughnSch by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I have the UCS C 220 M5SX with CNA X550-T2 card and from the specs FCOE is supported.  When I boot the system up I am only seeing the iSCSI boot option menu and not FCOE option.   What do I need to do in order to get this card configured with the FCO...

Hi All We are using UCS boot-from-san using the traditional 4 WWPN search order;Primary HBA( VHBA0) , Primary WWPNPrimary HBA( VHBA0) , Secondary WWPNSecondary HBA( VHBA1) , Primary WWPNSecondary HBA( VHBA1) , Secondary WWPN All seems to work well. (...

wertert by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes