Views
Helpful
Replies

BE6M-M5 firmware

dan.letkeman
Level 4
Level 4

Hello,

I am trying to upgrade the firmware on some BE6M-M5 servers.  From what I understand, these are c220 m5 servers, but trying to apply the firmware regardless of the version results in a soft lockup as seen in the image.  Any ideas what is wrong?  Is there a different firmware for these?

firmware.png

Thanks,

Dan.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

You might be able to go to the PCI-E/LOM settings in CIMC /advanced BIOS settings, and set the link speed (for that PCI-E slot the qlogic card is in) to 'disabled', as opposed to temporarily removing the cards.

After a reboot, then the HUU should complete successfully, after which you can re-enable the link speed (to what ever speed it was before i.e. gen 2, gen 3, etc)

Kirk...

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Kirk J
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Greetings.

Have seen some similar messages when Qlogic/FC adapters were present during HUU upgrade attempt.

Can you confirm what adapters/PCI-E cards are present?

Kirk...

Wow, I wouldn't have thought of that.  I do have a Qlogic QLE2692 in those servers.  Just disable it before the upgrade and re-enable after or is there a different solution?

You might be able to go to the PCI-E/LOM settings in CIMC /advanced BIOS settings, and set the link speed (for that PCI-E slot the qlogic card is in) to 'disabled', as opposed to temporarily removing the cards.

After a reboot, then the HUU should complete successfully, after which you can re-enable the link speed (to what ever speed it was before i.e. gen 2, gen 3, etc)

Kirk...

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: