Views
Helpful
Replies

BIOS recovery.cap file

Grace Zhu
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi! Experts:

I try to do a BIOS recovery for standalone C220 M4 server with a recovery.cap file and the Dip switch.  But I can not locate the recovery.cap file in HUU.  The Recovery folder in HUU is empty.  Do anybody know what happened to the recovery.cap file? Where is the file?  The M3 server HUU all have a recovery.cap file in the HUU, BIOS> Recovery folder.

Thanks!

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Wes Austin
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Grace,

When you extract the HUU ISO, you should see 'firmware.squashfs' which is a filesystem.

You can use 7zip to open this as an archive and the BIOS recovery file is there:

HTH,

Wes

View solution in original post

8 Replies 8

Paul Felts
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Grace, 

Dealt with this a while back. Here is the thread

https://supportforums.cisco.com/discussion/13192691/bios-update-package-ucs-c220m3-where-download

-Regards

AJ Felts

(Cisco TAC)

Wes Austin
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Grace,

When you extract the HUU ISO, you should see 'firmware.squashfs' which is a filesystem.

You can use 7zip to open this as an archive and the BIOS recovery file is there:

HTH,

Wes

Can I use a recovery.cap file from a C220 M3 HUU older version, to recover BIOS for C220 M4 server?

You don't want to try to mix versions.

There are also some versions only available for M4s that don't apply to M3s.

I would simply download the correct M4 HUU.

Kirk...

7zip said it can’t open the firmware.squashfs file. Says it’s not an archive file.

i have gotten the recovery.cap file from multiple sources, formatted as fat32 as it says in the documentation, but the server just won’t find the file.

I figured out my problem, the thumb drive also needed to be converted to MBR from GPT.
2.0.9c, though now the server won't boot, so another problem with the old hardware...

Grace Zhu
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Do I need to change the file name to recovery.cap, or just leave it as it is?

I am having a very similar problem. Can anybody shed a light how to find the recovery.cap file for ucs c200 m2 server?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card